Lon Koenig Communications Technologist
1367 Willow Street #253
Minneapolis, MN, 55403
(302) 566-5293 (302-lonk-axe)
- Director of Development
- Digital Strategist
- Content Creator
- Software architecture
- Project management
- Content strategy
- Public speaking
- Managed high-volume, localized sites
- Presented on analytics and content strategy
- Firebrand LLC, Minneapolis, MN
- Introduced protocols and processes to manage multiple-developer projects
- Produced scope and budget documents for web sites and social media campaigns
- Updated Google Analytics and other measurement practices
- Developed advanced templates, themes, and plugins for vBulletin and WordPress
- Created digital content strategies for multiple clients
- Network, DNS, and server administration on multiple platforms
- Migrate clients from in-house CMS to WordPress
- Moved all development to git
- 2015-present LonMakes, Minneapolis MN
- Designed and built many electronics and "maker" project.
- Set up streaming studio for Twitch and YouTube.
- Created brand identity assets.
- 1998-present Lon Koenig Productions, Minneapolis MN
Director of Interactive Development
- Designed and built many commercial web sites. Specializing in alternative media like 3D, mobile, video and virtual reality
- Developed proposals, project plans, and budgets for a number of local new media developers
- Designed and built a secure distributed file delivery system for a leading shareware distributor
- Designed and implemented interactive and internet-connected kiosks for multiple clients including Marshall Field's
- Lead the creative and technical teams for interactive CD-ROMs and DVDs for many clients including Xerox
- Created computer animations and digital video for web, broadcast, kiosk, and CD-ROM
- Delivered highly interactive Shockwave and Flash components for educational and corporate clients
- Prepared streaming media using advanced compression and preparation techniques
- 1998-2012 Risdall Marketing Group, New Brighton, MN
Chief Technical Officer/Consultant
- Lead developer for "non-web" applications including avionics, GPS, and mobile applications
- Helped design network security, backup, and disaster recovery protocols for a mixed platform environment.
- Built 3D and mobile web applications.
- Created Kiosk, digital signage, and other content distribution systems.
- Sole developer on a number of in-house "Social" applications based on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2007-2008 ZAM Network, Minneapolis MN
Project Manager/ Acting CTO
- Managed a technical team maintaining servers with millions of visitors a day.
- Directed the development of a complete news portal publishing site in 20 weeks.
- Created and implemented a Social Networking strategy including the production of Facebook, Google, and MySpace applications.
- Bridged the gap between Advertising Operations and the technical teams to increase available ad types.
- Managed the development schedules for dozens of projects.
- Recruited top talent for all aspects of the growing business: Visual design to server maintenance.
- Worked with the technical teams to improve Search Engine Optimization across all sites.
- 2001-2007 Lon Koenig Productions
- (see above)
- 2000-2001 Learning Outfitters, Excelsior MN
- Director of Development
- Directed multiple creative and technical teams producing web sites based on state educational standards.
- Designed and implemented web and database architecture for a highly scalable and secure educational software publishing system.
- Reduced development cycles from months to weeks.
- Created educational Shockwave and Flash applications with server-based performance tracking.
- 1998-2000 Lon Koenig Productions
- (see above)
- 1997-1998 IVL Inc./ Juntunen Media Group (SixtyFootSpider) Minneapolis, MN
- Director of Interactive Media
- 1995-1997 Risdall Advertising Agency/RLA/Digital Habitat Partnership, New Brighton MN
- V.P. of Interactive Magic
- 1995-1996 WorldClassifieds Corp., Minneapolis MN
- Director of Development/Project Manager
- 1993-1995 BST Productions Inc., St. Paul MN
- 1992-1995 MECC/The Learning Company, Minneapolis MN
- Senior Systems Programmer/Educational Software Designer/Audio Engineer/Composer
- 1983-1991 Sunburst Communications, Rochester MN
- Computer Programmer/Educational Software Designer
- 1981-1983 CAPS Project (School District 535), Rochester MN
- Computer Programmer/Education Researcher
- Familiar with popular Social Networking APIs
- Experienced with real-time hardware integration including programming for serial controllers and other devices
- Highly experienced with digital video, specializing in video compression
- Professional sound and video studio experience
- Database experience includes MySQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, FileMaker, and PostgreSQL
- Familiar with popular development environments and operating systems. (Everything from Apple II's to UNIX, Windows 7, iOS, and Mac/OS.)
- Extensive experience programming microcontrollers in Assembly Language. Currently developing with Arduino and related technologies
Excellent references available upon request.